Current Job Openings at Temescal Brewing
Assistant Taproom Manager, Full-Time
This is a full-time (5 days/40 hours per week) hourly/gratuity position with a varied day/night/weekend schedule. Half of that time will be devoted to shift lead/bartending responsibilities, while the other half will be devoted to managerial/back-office work, inventory tracking and ordering.OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Is customer service oriented, an effective hands-on leader and able to balance multiple projects at one time
- Has proactive problem solving skills
- Must be committed to our mission, culture and have a passion for the craft beer industry
- Is looking to bring our Temescal family to new heights
- MUST be accepting, respectful and kind to our very diverse clientele while maintaining a ‘no jerks’ vibe
- Acting as shift manager to taproom staff during all scheduled bar shifts.
- Hold staff accountable for service standards and operational procedures
- Working closely with Taproom Manager, Distribution, Marketing, and Brewery on cross-cutting issues: taproom design, beer inventory, account pickups, special events, etc.
- Attending weekly check-ins with taproom manager, bi-monthly meetings with Sam, monthly trainings with taproom staff and %li quarterly all staff meetings
- Working with Operations and Taproom Manager to track and repurchase weekly taproom supplies, including: non-alcoholic drinks, bar supplies, paper goods, and bathroom supplies
- Communicating issues/concerns and working with vendors such as: Auto Chlor (dishwasher, chemicals), Oakland Linen (towels), patio washing, weekly cleaning services etc.
- Assist in new/ongoing staff training projects
- This is an hourly position with a competitive wage based on experience. You will be eligible for overtime pay and will participate in the tip pool for scheduled bartending shifts
- Time off: You will accrue sick pay policy at a rate of 1 hour per 30 hours worked, capped at 72 hours. You will also accrue 1 week (40 hours) of paid vacation per year. You will also have paid “office holidays” outlined during your orientation.
- Comps: You'll be in our Tier 2 for comps, meaning you'll receive a 100% comp on all in-house beer for yourself, a $100 gift card per quarter, and 50% off all merch, to-go beer, and guest beer.
- Benefits: You will be eligible for company health, dental, and vision benefits programs after a 90-day waiting period.
Cellar Person, Full-Time
Temescal Brewing is seeking a passionate and hardworking individual to join our brewing team in North Oakland as a full time Cellar Person.
You will work alongside head brewer Mike Makris and team in our 15bbl brewery, and will be responsible for a variety of cellar, cleaning, keg management, and maintenance tasks. Temescal is roughly two and a half years old, and is in the process of rapidly increasing brewing output thanks to a new production facility. We need a candidate with previous experience who is able to learn quickly on the job and to seize opportunities for more responsibility over time. Strong communication skills and flexibility are essential to the role—you will work a ton, learn a ton, and love it here.KEY JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least one year’s experience working in a brewery
- Direct experience with the majority of tasks listed below
- Strong communication skills
- Transferring, CIP/SIP, fermentation monitoring, dry hopping, and carbonating of finished beers
- Harvesting and managing yeast
- Keg, Pin, and Firkin cleaning and filling
- Regular cleaning of brewhouse, tank exteriors, brewery floors, and draft lines
- Working with mobile canning vendors to package product
- Assisting on brewdays with prep, grain in, and grain out
- Operating a fork lift and large box truck
- Brewery repair, maintenance, and organization tasks
- Keg deliveries + pickups
- Pouring/representing the company at events
- Lab setup/yeast counts
- Wort Production
- Competitive wage based on experience, PTO and Benefits